We have a few great car seats left. All Australian children must be restrained in a suitable child restraint until they reach the required torso length.
Baby Car Seat Rules
- A baby must be in a rear facing until they are at least 6 months of age.
- In a harness until 4 years of age and at the required height marker.
- Must at least be in a booster with a seat belt when over 4 years of age.
Types of Car Seats
- Infant Carriers are available form 0 - 6mths or 0 - 12mths depending on the brand.
- Convertible car seats are commonly available from 0-4, with some 0-8. (They covert from rear to forward facing).
- Convertible boosters are available from 6mth - 8 years. (They convert from forward facing with harness, to without harness over 4-6).
- Booster seats are available without harnesses from 4years+.
- G-Seats are available which keep your child in a harness from 6mths (or when turned around) to 8 years.
- Your child is always safest when they are in a full harness.
Baby Car seat fitting in Caulfield, Balaclave, Elsterwick St Kilda, Elwood, Brighton, Highett and Sandringham